SMALL DEEDS HAVE A BIG IMPACT
Mission Sustainability - improving the world with small deeds:
- Much of our food comes from the region
- Pool heating via solar panels
- All our roofs are green (more on this below)
- Plant selection around the island is adapted to bees and co.
- Bicycle rental on site
- E-charging stations - the nearest Tesla charging station is at Rothenburger Str. 55 in 02906 Niesky (32 km away).
- Coffee capsules in the rooms are 95 % ecologically degradable
- We donate 3 euros from every Sleep Green booking to a regional and a global environmental organisation (more on this below)
- Digital guest folder in the rooms (paper-saving)
- Print media made of recyclable natural paper, envelopes made of grass paper
- Cosmetic products in the rooms and in the massage area are 100 % from nature
- Business bicycles for staff
- An internal Green Team for environmental protection on and around our island
- Clean Up at the lake, more information will be announced via our Facebook page
- Upcycling projects, we give our island products a second life: One example is our redeemed wood vouchers. Wood vouchers redeemed and handed in by our guests are recycled into drink vouchers by our Green Team.
- IMPAKT KLUB Community - Member of a sustainable shopping community of TUTAKA
- Social Sustainability Island Team
And many more ideas and projects for the environment are being created.
CONSCIOUS HOLIDAYS - YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE ENVIRONMENT
Sleep Green - for 2 nights and more
Conscious and sustainable holidays - you do without room cleaning during your stay and we donate 3 Euros to Tierpark Görlitz and to 4Ocean (seasonally alternating). From the 3rd night onwards, we will scurry into your room, junior suite or suite for a small service.
Let's do things together - for the sake of the environment!
The good feeling of doing something sustainable for the environment.
From April to October incl. bike rental for 10 euros instead of 16 euros per day.
From November to March incl. our annual calendar for 5 euros instead of 15 euros or a hot drink of your choice, whether mulled wine, punch, tea, grog or coffee. Whether inside by the fireplace or "wrapped up" outside on the terrace in fine weather..., just as and where it suits you best.
Are you travelling to our island by train? We would like to say thank you to train passengers, also in the name of nature. Show your train ticket at check-in and you will receive a free rental bike for one day.
The train station Hagenwerder is less than 15 minutes walk from our island.
Have you already booked your accommodation with us? Great, then let us know about your environmental commitment when you arrive.
habitat for biodiversity
OUR GREEN ROOFS - FOR A BETTER ENVIRONMENT AND THE PRESERVATION OF BIODIVERSITY
- Water retention 40-99% of annual precipitation retained
- Energy savings through thermal insulation in winter
- Heat protection and natural air conditioning in summer
- microclimate improvement through cooling and air humidification and CO2 binding
- airborne sound insulation and reduced sound reflection
- air purification and fine dust filtering
Nature conservation and biodiversity
- green roofs serve as mitigation measures, replacement habitat and stepping stone biotopes
Habitat for birds and insects
- provide breeding habitats for a large number of ground-nesting bird species.
Green roofs are not only beautiful and add a special touch to a roof. Since we started, we have provided over 800 m² of our roof areas with intensive and extensive green roofs. We are thus making an important contribution to a better environment and to the preservation of biodiversity. In addition to a variety of houseleeks and buttercups, there are also perennials, grasses and herbs.
our lovely region
A MATTER OF THE HEART
GENUINE AND CLOSE TO NATURE!
Sustainability and regionality are important to us!
Our region offers food and drinks of a very special kind - handmade and close to nature:
- Palpable love and dedication for over 100 years. - Bakery Geißler from Ostritz
- Vegetables, herbs and salads in very high quality - RainKost from Görlitz
- Fine and intensive - honey - organic beekeeper Büchner from Markersdorf
- Fine handmade cheese from happy cows. - Community Lindenhof from Markersdorf
- High quality - eggs and poultry - Berghäuserhof Familie Zelyk from Markersdorf
- Craft Beer brewed with heart and mind the "Inselblume" - Our house beer - from Bierblume from Görlitz
- 100 % taste and best quality - Linke fruit juices from Ebersbach-Neugersdorf
- 150 years of brewing craft from Görlitz - Landskronbrauerei
DONATIONS PROJECTS 2021
3000 EUROS WENT TO THE PROJECT FUTURE FOR WILDLIFE
The Upper Lusatia region has a great and above all special biodiversity to offer. Animal species live here that have long since disappeared in other parts of Germany. Around Lake Berzdorf, the zoo is already involved in grazing projects. You can read more details on the page of the Görlitz Zoo: Görlitz Zoo
3000 EUROS GO TO 4OCEAN
4Ocean has taken on the mission to free the rivers, oceans and coasts from plastic. A team consisting of many volunteers. The collected plastic is recycled and used for products like bracelets, mobile phone covers and much more. You can read more details on the 4Oceans homepage: 4Ocean